Day 1 Arrival, Volcanoes National Park Rwanda
Following your morning arrival, or having spent a night in Kigali, your guide will pick you up and drive to Parc Nationale Des Volcans found in the Northern province of Rwanda and home to the mountain gorillas in Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at the lodge at Kinigi guest house for Budget, Hotel Muhabura for mid-range or Mountain Gorilla View Lodge.
Day 2; Gorilla trekking in Rwanda
Wake up to an early morning breakfast in the misty and chilly Ruhengeri and drive to the park headquarters for briefing about Gorilla trekking by the park ranger guides and allocation of which gorilla group to track. You will then embark on the trail following your ranger guide for gorilla trekking Rwanda walking up steep densely forested Virunga hills before finally coming across the mountain gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation.
Coming up-close with a mountain gorilla is a truly inspiring moment and you will be allowed 1 hour to savour it! Take photos and record videos if you can, while keeping your voice low and following your guide’s advice. After the trek, you will return to the starting point and receive your gorilla trekking Rwanda certificate with pride and feeling of accomplishment! Connect with your guide and transfer back to the lodge where you will freshen up and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the hotel as above.
Day 3; Nature walk
Have breakfast and go for a guided nature walk in the thick forest rich in birds, butterflies and monkeys. Alternatively, go for a stroll around the lodge or for a community walk. Dinner and overnight at the lodge
Day 4; Departure
Enjoy breakfast and transfer back to Kigali for a brief city tour including a visit to the local market and museum and later transfer to the airport for your departure flight marking the end of your 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari.
Enjoy 4 days in Rwanda with this 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari. This short gorilla Safari includes a mountain gorilla trekking and community or guided forest walk for birding and primates viewing opportunities in remarkable Rwanda.
Included in this tour package;
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees