Day 1: Arrival- Kigali to Ruhengeri. (PNV)
On arrival, you will be welcomed by our company representative together with the driver / guide and depending on your time of arrival, enjoy a tour of Kigali city or transfer directly to Musanze – formerly known as Ruhengeri and the base for Gorilla trekking. Dinner and overnight at Kinigi guest house for budget, Hotel Muhabura for mid-range or Silverback Gorilla Lodge for Luxury.
Day 2 AND 3: Gorilla trekking
after breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters of Parc National des Volcans. There you will be briefed by the ranger guides; with packed lunch you will then start the gorilla trekking through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga. Hiking and tracking gorillas may take 1-8 hours depending on the movement of the Gorillas. You may have an optional ibyiwacu community walk OR a relaxation at the lodge. Dinner and Overnight at the lodge as above.
Day 4: Golden monkey tracking
After breakfast, you will go for Golden monkey trekking in Volcanoes national park (same procedure as Gorilla trekking). The activity lasts 3 to 4 hours and return back to the lodge where you will relax and have lunch. You can later opt for an optional community walk or spend the evening at leisure enjoying the captivating views. Dinner and Overnight at the lodge as above.
Day 5: Departure
Depart for Kigali and do a city tour including the market visits, handicrafts shop visits, pottery projects, genocide museum visit and many others. Transfer to Kigali Airport to find your departure flight marking the end of your 5 Days Rwanda Gorillas and Golden monkey safari.
This 5 Days Rwanda Gorillas and Golden Monkey trekking Safari gives you the opportunity and to explore Rwanda primates in Volcanoes national park win an optional community tour around Musanze. Enjoy Gorilla trekking and Golden monkey trekking with expert guides.
Included in this tour package;
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees